2.27.2011

#58

Tonight was the Snow family annual Oscar party! I'm going to take full credit here, but I was the one that started this tradition in the first place. I believe this was our 5th or 6th year getting together and ur family group gets bigger and bigger each year. There were 10 of us competing this year.

Anyway, just like the Golden Globes in January, we all pick our favorite nominee's and select our personal winners. Then we tally up the sheets after the awards to see who won.  We have a mock Oscar statue that we pass around each year, along with a bag full of goodies. The rule is, whoever wins, has to give up the statue and supply the gift for next years winner. My sister Kalie won this year. This being her 2nd year participating. I'm not sure if she "researched" the nominees or if they were all just educated guesses, but she got 18 out of 24 right. Way to go Kalie!

Its a good time just being with the family and its fun to add a little friendly competition! Many debates and laughs usually come along with it...so its always a good time.

#58 - THE coveted statue.


*I would just like to point out again that this was my idea...I supplied the very first gift and I HAVEN'T won since. Each year I think will be "MY" year...but I haven't been lucky yet. That statue will be mine one day. Maybe next year will be my year.

No comments:

Post a Comment