3.22.2011

#81

I came home from work this evening to find a little surprise waiting for me. My good friend ELDER Nate Manning had written me back! He left for his mission about a month ago and has been preparing for it at the MTC in Provo, Utah. (In his letter, he told me he's headed off to Spain as of tomorrow!!) The next few letters will be via email until he gets a stable address.

I wrote him just a few weeks ago - handwritten and everything! I haven't written a missionary since my friend Travis was serving in Gilbert, CA and that was over 8 years ago. However, I'm excited to get back into the letter writing mode. I'm not a huge religious person, but I'm completely respectful of his decision and I can't wait to hear how successful this adventure will be for him.

Nate is such a great friend to everyone and very popular...so I'm sure there are MANY people writing to him, other than myself. (He probably spends a lot of time just replying to everyone!)  That's why I was super excited when I got home and saw he had written me!!! Made me feel special! :)  (AND AND AND I got pictures!!) I have tomorrow off and I'll make sure to email him, so he has an email waiting as soon as he gets to Spain.


My #80 - The best surprise of the day! My letter from Elder Manning and my stack of pictures! (Oh and a large amount of people call me Red. Just in case you didn't know.)

2 comments:

  1. Hey red some things don't change. Lucky for me my nickname did change and I'm no longer called doofus or belltones :) I've had fun looking through your pictures. Looks like you're doing great!!

    ReplyDelete