8.05.2011

#217

My hair is naturally curly. Has been all my life. When I was younger my mom had me get perms every so often to keep the curl nice and even...and  to make it easier to do every morning. I actually don't remember a time in my life before I was 18 where I didn't have a perm. Once I was old enough to make my own decisions, I never had a perm again. Then beauty school came into my life I realized the intensity of the chemicals in perms and vowed never to get one again in my lifetime. Well...that vow was broken today. Yes, I got a perm.

I've been wearing my hair curly a lot lately and have gotten so many compliments on it. But unfortunately the curly hair people see is a lot of hard work. My natural curl is more of a loose wave, so I've had to curl (with a flat iron) the top half of my hair. Some days it looks super fancy, some days it looks tousled, some days it looks like poop. It has become an major aggravation each morning. But curly is always my go-to hair style because now that my hair is longer, it is really FLAT when I style it straight. There is no body/volume whatsoever. Hence the reasoning of my recent perm.

I had talked to my stylists about it for over a month and their suggestions were all over the place. Finally today, one of them buckled and permed if for me. (Plus I colored her hair in exchange! She's one RED HOT BABE now!!) Anyway, of course after getting a perm, your hair shrinks up BIG time and is super tight & kinky for a bit. It will take a few weeks for it to relax, so I can achieve the look I was originally going for. Basically right now (and for the next week) I look like I've stuck my finger in a light socket!  Major frizz and poof everywhere!!! But nothing A LOT of gel won't fix.

#217 - Two is better than one, right?  Once I got home and got my hair wet to style, Joe and I noticed our curl is almost the exact same now. If this picture was in black and white, you probably wouldn't be able to tell our heads apart. YAY FOR CURLS!  Now we can both fight over the LA Looks Gel!!

No comments:

Post a Comment