8.07.2011

#218

Oh my gosh everyone. It finally happened. I forgot to blog!!! After 217 consecutive days of hard work and perseverance, I FORGOT!!!

I'm literally in shock right now because I've been so dedicated, its weird to just forget a day.  This feeling is completely foreign to me. Now its 10am the NEXT DAY and I finally remembered. At least I did take a picture yesterday. Come on, I didn't COMPLETELY forget! I'm just glad no one has called me out on it. I don't know if anyone even noticed, but they sure didn't say anything to me. Phew! Hopefully I'll sneak yesterdays photo in this morning and then still blog todays photo tonight and it'll go unscathed.

Back to yesterday - it was a day full of fun! I had to work in the morning, but snuck out a little early so Joe and I could join his company in their Lagoon Day! (For those not familiar, Lagoon is an amusement park, similar to Six Flags, Disneyland, Busch Gardens etc.) Its smaller of course and a little run down. (This year they are celebrating their 125 years in business!!) But its a good time. Many carnival games, thrill seeking rides, food everywhere! And they have a water park. Their slogan literally states "Its what fun is!" And its true!! I only go once a year on this company paid visit - its far to expensive for my taste - but once a year seems about right anyway. Sure the rides are fun, but there is a lot of walking, hot/humid air from all the trees and water rides, plus the water park being so close, its usually super crowded and again you spend way too much money.  However since yesterday was on the companies dime and so was lunch, we really didn't pay for anything. Hence my photo for today. Joe loves the carnival games, but I'm never cool with wasting our money on silly 'rigged' games. But we had money to spend yesterday and there were a few prizes Joe desperately wanted to play for!

We both played the hammer game called Strong Man, where you swing a very heavy sledge hammer looking thing, onto this small scale and it measures how hard you hit it. I believe the highest possible is a 150, which Joe got and won me a little stuffed puppy. I tried it and got a 96...I thought I was tougher than that! But I did win a blow up hammer that squeaks! :)  Joe played many other games, but there was one game he kept going back to. He wanted to win a giant stuffed Smurf!  Why I have no idea, but they were giving them away as prizes at the Whiffle Ball Toss. This one took some skill. There was a table with 600 holes (Joe calculated and that was his estimate) Some of the holes were different colors and if your ball landed on a colored one, you got a prize. However out of 600, there was only maybe 20 colored holes. The middle hole was red and the only red on the table, which gave the BIG smurf away as a prize. Well after 2 different times of playing this game, Joe finally won a smurf. It was his last ball and it rolled directly to the red circle. The game host yelled WINNER! our group cheered in disbelief and Joe was a happy guy!! (It just sucked carrying this around for an hour or so!)

My #218 - A Smurfette just for me! My man won me a carnival prize. Every girls dream, right?

1 comment:

  1. I totally noticed but I wasn't about to text you at 1:00 in the morning to tell you!! LOL I'm glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete