9.14.2011

#257

#257 - MARY POPPINS!!



We scored some extra tickets from my dad to go see the Broadway play. They did an amazing job, especially with the set and props. It had Joe and I baffled on how they put together the big set pieces and their special effects.

I wasn't too impressed with their adaptation of the Mary Poppins Disney story, but that could just be because I love the original so much. They only used maybe 2 or 3 songs from the original movie and the songs they created for this play weren't the best in my opinion. Plus they veered off the original storyline so much, I was almost confused a few times.

Overall they did do a great job and had some talented cast members. Their Mary Poppins was spot on Julie Andrews original and she had an amazing voice. A little more snooty & precocious than Julie Andrews' Mary, but none the less very entertaining. 

Thanks Dad & Nancy for thinking of us when you came up with 2 extra tickets. Joe and I had a great time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment