9.29.2011

#272

Do you have a personal chore that you just hate doing? Like shaving, doing your hair, clipping nails, flossing...etc???  Well the chore I hate most is putting in & taking out my contacts. Ugh. It never seems to go smoothly. I drop them all the time and then I have to spend way to much time trying to find the dang thing. They irritate my eyes almost every morning, so I'll to put them in, then have to take them out, rinse, put them back in...repeat. My eyes end up water all morning and I can't put on my mascara. Then at night, sometimes they are so dry they don't want to come out of my eye, so it stings trying to pry it off my eyeball. I always seem to drip my saline solution everywhere and again I have to worry about dropping them. And of course once they are off, I have to deal with my glasses, which are always dirty and every time I wipe them with my shirt, I only smear whatever dirt was on them in the first place. Ugh! Its a vicious cycle and only one thing could remedy it.. LASIK! Too bad I'm not a candidate for any type of laser they are currently using. Guess I'll have to wait another 20 years for them to invent a laser that is 100% perfect JUST for my eyes...and I'll have to pay thousands and thousands of dollars for it. Freals!

Are you surprised I'm so intense about this subject? Well me too. Some evenings are better than others, but I absolutely hate taking out my contacts each night. And when I'm already tired, sore & irritable, the last thing I want to do is fight for custody of my contact. Some nights my eyeballs just won't give in! I know, I know, there are worse things I could be worrying about and I shouldn't be so superficial...but tonight I spent 23 minutes in the bathroom taking out my contacts, wiping up a huge solution spill AND I had to pop my lens back into my glasses after it fell out when I was trying to clean them. Seriously!?!?  Tomorrow night I'm skipping the hassle & I'll just sleep with them in. I'll worry about the pain in the morning.

#272 - Stupid contacts.


1 comment:

  1. I hear you! I have worn glasses or contacts since I was 6 years old! My prescription is just barely under what the FDA approves for Lasik, and only the best lasers at that. I am a minus 11! Good news though Hoopes will do it, for $$. And after saving for a year I am getting the gift of sight for Christmas this year!
    Here's to better lasers, hope you get here soon!
    -Kim

    ReplyDelete