11.14.2011

#318

Monday Night Football!

I wanted to make this yummy corn salsa my mom makes as a snack for the game tonight, but I couldn't find the recipe. I know she wrote it down for me, but I tore my house apart and couldn't find it. My mom left for Las Vegas this morning and I didn't want to bother her with a silly recipe question, that I doubt she has memorized anyway, so I went to the internet. GOOGLE! I entered the few ingredients I knew of and it pulled up over 100 different ways to make, basically, the same thing. Its either called Black Eyed Peas Salsa, Black Bean/Corn Dip, Avocado Corn Salsa, Cowboy Caviar, etc, etc, etc!!! I couldn't believe how many different ways there were to make it! I clicked on each recipe and read over it, hoping I'd find the correct one...but alas I couldn't. My friend Elizabeth told me to just pick one because its bound to taste good...but I just HAD to have the one my mom made. I decided to call her and bug her on her trip and of course she didn't have it memorized, but she did give me the source of the recipe. My cousin's wife Sara. Sara!!! She was the answer! I dialed her up and within 10 minutes I had my recipe. Thank heavens I used hers, because it was so much simpler than any of the hundreds I found online. THANK YOU SARA!!!

Because I loved this recipe so much and couldn't find it on the internet in its exactness, I've decided to list the recipe on here, so I'll never forget!! (And so each of my readers can try it out as well! It sure is yummy!!!)

#318 - Took hours to find, but I'll be enjoying the 'doubled' recipe for days!! Yum Yum!






Whatever You Wanna Call It, Salsa

1 can - Black beans
1 can - Corn (Shoepeg)
1 can - Black eyed peas
4 - Roma tomatoes
4 to 5 - Green onions
1/4 to 1/2 bushel - Cilantro (depending on how strong of taste you want)
1 - Jalapeno
1 - Avocado (slightly firm)
1 pkg. Good Seasons Italian dressing mix.

Drain & rinse beans, corn & peas. Dice tomatoes and avocado. Chop cilantro, onions & jalapeno. (Remove guts of jalapeno for minimum spice) Add all to medium bowl & lightly spoon mix. Once mixed together, make dressing per package instructions and add to mixture. Chill for at least an hour and serve with corn tortilla chips.

(Many online recipes called for cumin, chili pepper and garlic. I wasn't pumped about any of those, so I'm happy I found the right recipe!)

No comments:

Post a Comment