11.24.2011

#328

Happy Thanksgiving!
Today is a wonderful day full of thanks. It tried to take pictures & post about things I'm thankful for this month, but it just didn't turn out that way. However, last night, I did do a Count Your Blessing challenge on my personal blog, so head on over to The Black Spot!

Thanksgiving day started early, with Joe waking me up to watch the Thanksgiving Day Parade at 7am. We opted not to watch the Macy's version just because that started at 9 and we wanted to watch football at 10:30. We got ready and headed over to my parents house to start the festivities! The football game was a highlight for me today because mine & Joe's favorite teams played each other. Luckily for me, my team came out on top! GO PACKERS! (And yay they are STILL undefeated!!) Even though I didn't take this picture, I thought I'd add a recent photo of me and the hubster in our football garb. (This is NOT my photo for today, just for fun!)


And then as soon as the football game ended, we started the final prep on dinner. The family got together and all the ladies helped with a dish. We missed 2 sisters today. Robyn & her family traveled to see in-laws and my sister Brittany lives in Vegas. Love you girls!! We missed you today! The food was yummy and the conversations are always entertaining! After dinner, the food coma's began and the clean up started. Then the girls looked at the 'ads' for Black Friday shopping and planned our attack. Here it is 10pm and I'm about ready to leave & meet up with everyone. We're pulling an ALL NIGHTER!!

I was surrounded by family all day and I enjoyed every minute of it. I got in a 50 minute nap which was much needed and I didn't pick up my phone once. Its all about being with the people you are with. Not the people you are virtually with. (I did call my mom who traveled down south - miss you guys!! Hope you had a good Thanksgiving!) I am very thankful for my family and I enjoyed our day together. Cheers to a fun-tastic weekend ahead of us!! Shopping, here we come!!

#328 - Give Thanks! This was our centerpiece at the table. Just a beautiful spread! I didn't take one single picture of the family together. Apparently we were having too much fun just being together.

No comments:

Post a Comment