5.08.2011

#128

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

I thought I'd go with the theme of today and post a picture of my mom. She came in to the salon this afternoon for some color, a haircut AND she got some feathers. (How stylish!)  ;)

People say I look just like my mother...but I really just think its the red hair that gives people that impression. (If you've seen my dad - you know I look JUST like him.) She's about 3 inches shorter than me and probably more than 100 pounds lighter than me. She's a very energetic person and is great to have at a party or in a crowd. She knows how to have a good time, how to make people laugh and feel welcome.  My mom and I have not gotten along much over the years and even still today there are times we don't see eye to eye. But there isn't anything my mom wouldn't do for me. And I know when I'm in a pickle or in need of some help, she will jump at the chance to come to my rescue. There are MANY traits I see in myself that she passed down on to me. I'm a huge care-taker, I have a big heart, I'm loud & boisterous and I'm huge people person. All these, I share with my mom.

Even though I don't look much like her, her blood runs through my veins and her past is my past. We may not get along 100% of the time, but she is the reason I'm here today. I"m grateful for all she has done for me and I'm so glad our relationship has improved over the last few years.

#128 - Happy Mother's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment