12.23.2011

#357

8 photos left!!

Today was a whirlwind of a day. It was my last work day before the holiday weekend and I was booked solid for 8 1/2 hours! After work, instead of running necessary errands, I spent the an hour at the vet finding out some awful news about my puppy Charlie. We're saying prayers like crazy at my house tonight. However there was a few highlights to the evening. Yet another great Christmas tradition!!! My family has season tickets to a local playhouse, Hale Center Theatre, which I've posted about before, but every holiday season they put on A Christmas Carol and of course EVERY December 23rd, we have our tickets to see the show. I can't even remember how many years we've done this, but its been at least 10 years. It has always been the 'official' start to the Christmas celebration with Christmas Eve the next day. Tonight did not disappoint!! My family got together - in style - with an 'Ugly Sweater' contest to go along with it. Shopping for a sweater was on my huge list of errands this week, but I just never found the time, so I didn't participate. I'm glad I didn't though because the competition was fierce! I was really impressed with not only the creations & diamonds in the rough, but with the participants! Both my brother-in-laws joined in on the fun and that is really out of character! We had a vote at dinner and my step-mom Nancy passed out the prizes for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place. It was a great turnout!!


And the winners are.... - #357




3rd place was my husband Joe. He didn't technically wear an ugly sweater, but he pulled off the "Cousin Eddie" blue leisure suit from Christmas Vacation. (He did this on the same night last year, but did the white sweater with dark black 'dicky' turtle neck instead.)

2nd place was my sister (and roommate) Andee. She was clever enough to actually make hers! It was 3D! Balls, holly leaves, crocheted doily, ornament earrings and all!! (She was talked into keeping the sweater and adding to it every year. I guess we've now made this a tradition alongside the Christmas Carol night!)

And 1st place my brother-in-law Jesse! His was great not only because it really was an UGLY sweater but because it was a woman's sweater and clearly 2 sizes too small!! He was such a great sport and we all loved that he played along!! He took home the $25 prize AND the coveted Ugly Sweater ornament for his tree!

Such great fun!! I'm excited to participate next year. I now have 364 days to get something together. I CAN DO THIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment