10.08.2011

#281's

Countdown update - only 84 left!!

I know I've been fishing before. (I'm sure I went many times as a child with my dad, in fact I have a picture of me fishing in Lake Powell when I was about 8 or 9) However today, I really felt like a fishermen..er..woman. Okay...that may be pushing it. I'm a big ninny when it comes to the ooey-gooey stuff. In fact that is one of the main reasons I'm never invited to go fishing. My step dad, brother Carl and any other guy I could possible have fished with, said 'If you don't bait your own hook or unhook your own fish, you can't come.' Okay, I get it. If I'm not baiting the hook or touching the flailing fish, what good am I? Basically I'd just cast-out and reel in. I understand that there is more to fishing. I'm just a PANSY and I'll admit it!! Its gross!! Well for some reason it has taken me almost 10 years to ask Joe if he'll do all the yucky stuff for me, so I CAN go. Of course like the wonderful husband he is, he told me he would! So this year I got my fishing license and today was the first day I've been able to use it. THANKS JOE!

We went up to Bountiful Lake, inflated Joe's boat and I paddle us around the lake for about 4 hours. It was awesome! Joe's boat was extremely comfortable and there was enough room to move around and adjust as we sat there for so long. We caught 3 fish..the first one was Joe's and he got away before we were able to 'net' it. (Insert Ninny Erica freaking out of the fish SHE was supposed to net...sorry Joe!) But the next 2 were actually reeled in by me and Joe was able to grab them out of the water and get the hook out. Thankfully my hubby has a sweet spot and doesn't like keeping anything he doesn't have to..so we practiced 'catch & release' all day. We did have a few other nibbles, but not much to brag about. We just enjoyed our afternoon together, so good old-school tunes on the radio, sunflower seeds and funny stories.  Good times with the hubster and even with all the ooey-gooey, water in the boat, mud & cold weather, it was a great day.

#281's - Quiet time AND my super supportive hubby that took care of the gross stuff!



No comments:

Post a Comment